My workout mix


It's the end of the month! I made it through the entire month of exercising and eating right! Sure, I had some setbacks [grumble grumble stupid ankle] but I still persevered. I'll post tomorrow with all my official updates, but I just wanted to have a mini celebration. And with a celebration comes music. To be specific, workout music. Music is a huge motivator for me. If I don't feel like working out but know I really should exercise, I put on my workout playlist and it gets me moving. So, I figured I'd share it with you. I'm constantly adding to it, but this is its incarnation as of today. Welcome to my eclectic music collection.

1. Pokemon theme song
2. Tag Team - Whoomp! There It Is
3. Plain White T's - What If
4. The Dismemberment Plan - Onward, Fat Girl
5. Ministry of Magic - Dance Time
6. Justin Timberlake - SexyBack
7. Danny Dementor - I Wanna Be a Wizard
8. Nerf Herder - Mr. Spock
9. The Monkees - I'll Be Back Up On My Feet
10. Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position
11. The Dears - Whites Only Party
12. Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot
13. Backstreet Boys - Everybody [Backstreet's Back]
14. Death Cab for Cutie - Photobooth
15. Tsar - Band-Girls-Money
16. Rise Against - Ready to Fall
17. The Dismemberment Plan - OK Jokes Over
18. Veal - I Hate Your Lipstick
19. Blur - Song 2
20. At the Drive-In - One Armed Scissor
21. Patrick Wolf - The City
22. Florence and the Machine - Kiss with a Fist
23. Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body
24. Ministry of Magic - The Bravest Man I Ever Knew
25. Nerf Herder - Buffy the Vampire Slayer theme
26. Troubled Hubble - I Love My Canoe
27. The Monkees - Tapioca Tundra
28. Proto Zoa - Supernova Girl
29. OK Go - Here It Goes Again
30. Rise Against - Re-Education [Through Labor]
31. The [International] Noise Conspiracy - Smash It Up
32. The Ditty Bops - Sister Kate
33. Tsar - Rebel Rouser
34. Veal - Skid

I tend to put on Girl Talks' "All Day" album while running, instead of this playlist. I lose track of time listening to that album, which is perfect for running.

My best friend keeps laughing at me for having the Pokemon theme song on here, never mind as the very first song, but it's actually a perfect workout song! "I wanna be the very best/like no one ever was"? YES. I especially like listening to it while doing kickboxing, it's great for punches. Of course, then it's followed up by Tag Team so I don't really know how credible my list is… [I first came across that song in one of the Mighty Ducks movies so it always reminds me of fun exercise, okay?]

Plain White T's "What If" was adopted as my personal theme song in 2006 when I was stuck in a 6 month weight loss plateau, and it motivated me to my goal weight and through training for my first race. It's pure inspiration.

What if nobody likes me
What if I don't succeed
What if I give it all that I've got
and it's not good enough till I bleed
What if I don't get anywhere at all
Will I consider myself a failure
Will I be that small
 NO!
I'm gonna keep trying
Getting denied just makes me want it more
I'll keep trying and each time push harder than before
I can't live my life always worried about what if
'Cause what if I die tomorrow
Then I never even lived

This song has kept me going so many times when I probably would've given up otherwise. Not just in weight loss and fitness but a whole lot of other things as well. Listening to it a month ago, after battling depression, poverty, near homelessness, loneliness, and weight gain [among other things!], set me firmly back on this path of fitness and positivity.

Most of the other songs are just great songs with an upbeat tempo, but this song really hits me as especially motivational so I wanted to point it out.