week #1 complete

...when I say i'm taking a day of rest, I should really take a day of rest. I knew I needed to yesterday, my muscles were all sore from the weight training I've been doing all week... but no, I was bored so i did my kettlebell training and a light cardio workout. The cardio would've been fine by itself [an old jazzercise tape, just something fun] but I really should've skipped the kettlebell, and I knew it.

But then my mom brought over new exercise dvds/wii games for me and I just had to try one out. I ended up putting in EA Active Personal Trainer, which admittedly is great and much more engaging than wii fit. I did day 1 of the 30 day challenge, and exceeded my trainer's calorie expectation and everything. But when I finished, I knew I'd pushed myself a little too far.

I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a car [and I have been, previously, on my bike, so I know exactly what the feeling's like]. Mostly my upper body, and especially my shoulders/arms. Things are loosening up and feeling better as the day goes on, but still. Today is definitely a day of rest.

In other news, this morning was also my weigh-in and I'm glad to say that it was all worth it: I am down a pound from last week! It's not much, but I didn't expect it to be. My body takes a week or two to catch up to losing weight, although my clothes are already looser. [For comparison, my first week on Weight Watchers in 2004 I only lost 0.8 pounds, but the next week I lost 3.4 even though I was on plan both weeks. So I'm just expecting it to catch up, eventually.] Anything in the right direction is great, and I'll take it!