Weekly Update and Easter


Yesterday, I lost 3.2 pounds, which makes for a total of 12.2 pounds lost! I was shocked at this week's number, but very excited about the overall loss. And I wasn't afraid that Easter celebrations would throw it off-- it's really hard for a vegan to overindulge at my family's dinners. But I planned some precautions anyway, just in case. In addition to making healthy contributions to dinner and dessert, I set my alarm an hour early so I could have time to work out before getting ready for the day. Unfortunately, my left leg decided to twitch all night and into the morning, a sure sign that I needed to let its muscles rest. So instead of exercising, I soaked it in a warm bath, which stopped the twitching entirely. But then I didn't have time to get a workout in, and figured I should probably give it a proper rest anyway. So, without exercising, I was off to dinner!

Photobucket
In my newly fitting shirt for Easter!
At dinner, I made do with a serving each of [steamed] broccoli and cauliflower, mashed potatoes [which I made], and salad [which was heavy on beans]. The brussels sprouts were gone by the time the dish made its way to me which was sad. [Perpetually annoyed that the vegetables all get eaten before the vegan gets them. It happens with veggie pizza also!] I knew ahead of time that nobody was bringing vegan desserts, so I made baked stuffed pears, which was a healthy ending to a healthy dinner. I wouldn't say that I was stuffed at the end, but I wasn't starving either [although I did finish off the mashed potato leftovers as soon as I got home!].

I was going to stay away from exercise entirely, but I put in Just Dance 3 when I got home and did about 30 minutes of that before winding down for the night. It mostly works your upper body [or, my upper body. Other people might be able to do both the arm and leg movements at the same time, but I'm too uncoordinated!], so it was fine to do while resting my overworked leg muscles. On the other hand, I'm not doing so good with this 30 day shred challenge! Oh well, I'll be back to that today.

This morning, I stayed in bed and spent a couple hours working on the blog. You can now go to the March archive and view posts that I backdated. These were written either in my livejournal and/or my sparkpeople blog before I created this. It's nothing too exciting, but it does track my progress at the beginning of my journey. I didn't change anything, even though I could have [like all those times I wrote, "My ankle should be fine tomorrow!"], so it's all truth. If you feel like looking through it, go ahead.