new motivations and rewards

I did a few things this weekend to keep my spirits up in light of this whole "no exercise" thing [the ankle's feeling much better, as frustrating as not working out is!]. I finally worked on the last of sparkpeople's "getting started" steps, creating a vision collage. It's something I wanted to do for a while, because I'm extremely motivated by visual things [hence why I have bikinis and size four jeans hanging up in my bedroom], but I didn't have the tools for it. So, I headed to the craft store and picked up some poster board, glue sticks, etc. and my mom brought over a bunch of her old scrapbooking supplies. I only had three magazines, copies of Vegetarian Times, at my disposal at the moment [all my old copies of Yoga Journal are at my mom's] but it was at least a start.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I especially love this little dude and its message: 
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

And yes, that is Sheryl down at the bottom. I just couldn't resist adding in one of the people who's been so inspirational to me!
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

It's still a work in progress. I plan on eventually having the entire thing filled, and covered up with even more inspirational pictures, and constantly evolving. Because that's how this whole journey works. But even still, it's a pretty good start that I love to look at.

Along with a bunch of other craft supplies for various projects, I also picked up something I'd been planning on for a while and even earned: my charm bracelet! As you might remember, this was my 5% reward but I just hadn't gotten to the craft store yet. As luck would have it, Jo-Ann's was having a sale on all jewelry-making supplies this weekend so everything was super cheap. I picked up the chain for 97 cents, the big charm for $1.50, and a bag of 50 stars for a little over 2 bucks. And I love it!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I get a little star for every 5 pounds lost, and a big charm for every "major" milestone [5%, 10%, 50 pounds lost, etc. as well as non-scale victories like running a 5k, my heels touching the floor during downward facing dog, only eating one serving of ice cream instead of the entire carton in one sitting... you know, stuff I struggle with]. I went with an anchor for my first big charm because this is my anchor. I've written before about how having an anchor used to keep me on track and remind me not to make horrible food choices... until I lost it, at least. Well, I've really been missing having one so here it is.

As for scale victories, I was down another pound this week, bringing my total to 16.2 pounds in a little over two months [nine weeks, I think?]. 7.2 pounds total lost this month, which isn't too shabby since I worked out even less than last month [I took 7 days off from exercise completely, compared to last month's 4, and they were almost entirely due to my ankle]. I also lost a total of 3 inches, including FINALLY an inch in my waist and half an inch in my hips. Those numbers are slow going, but I'm losing a lot of belly fat that doesn't show up in those measurements. Ah well, eventually everything will go down.

This month, since I'm still resting my ankle/easing back into exercising it, I'm doing a fairly low-key Spring into Shape Bootcamp Challenge on sparkpeople. And by low-key, I mean I'm making the cardio low intensity for me [just walking, at the moment]. The strength training is hard so far! But I guess that's the point of a challenge, right?