activity log, week starting 7/8/12

Sunday:
bike ride, 1hr40 minutes, 1143 calories, 21.5 miles

Monday:
yoga, 13 minutes, 45 calories
lying abductions, 2 sets of 15 reps
single leg raises, 2 sets of 15 reps

Tuesday:
biking, 14 minutes, 158 calories
elliptical, 35 minutes, 494 calories
treadmill, 15 minutes, 162 calories
biking, 14 minutes, 173 calories

Wednesday:
yoga, 10 minutes, 58 calories
30 day shred, 28 minutes, 279 calories

Thursday:
biking, 15 minutes, 188 calories
elliptical, 25 minutes, 358 calories
treadmill, 15 minutes, 157 calories
biking, 15 minutes, 180 calories

Friday:
bike ride, 60 minutes, 745 calories, 12.45 miles
triceps pushups, 3 sets of 13 reps
biceps curls, 3 sets of 15 reps, 5lbs
lying triceps extensions: 3 sets of 15 reps, 5lbs

Saturday:
biking, 15 minutes, 184 calories
elliptical, 35 minutes, 505 calories
treadmill, 20 minutes, 239 calories
biking, 16 minutes, 191 calories

This was a fairly good week, despite not feeling my absolute best. I got in lots of strength training [30 Day Shred has a lot of core and weight work along with cardio, for those not familiar] and kept up with my cardio. I biked about 50 miles this week, which was 10 less than last week, but I decided to switch it up Wednesday and do 30 Day Shred instead of a bike ride so I'm okay with that. Oh, and I had a slightly pulled muscle on Monday that prevented me from doing much all day, but I still did some leg exercises! I did feel like I was only running at about 75% on Thursday and Friday, due to a slight change in sleep [amazing what only a half hour less of sleep can do!], but today I was back to 100%. At the gym, I beat my elliptical 5K PR again, by a minute and thirty seconds [! 26:37 is the new time] and also did FOUR MINUTES of running on the treadmill! Four minutes may not seem like a lot, but it is to my ankle. Last week, I only did 3 minutes, at a 5.0 speed [today's speed was 6.5 because I've remembered that I kind of fail at jogging], so I've increased by a minute. I'm hoping that my ankle continues to hold up and I can add another minute or two next week. My plan is to start Couch to 5K officially at the beginning of August, so I'm trying to get my ankle gradually used to running up until then. It's feeling fine, but I'm of course wary of over stressing it.

This week, I also completed my Le Tour Challenge on MapMyFitness to bike 100 miles in 23 days [it took me 11], and now I'm doing the challenge again although I may not complete it in time [I have a little over 80 miles to complete in 8 days]. That doesn't really matter to me, I just like having some goal to aim for.

Weigh in tomorrow [and the scale's looking great!], and then a 20 mile bike ride with a local cyclist meetup group [if my social anxiety doesn't get the better of me]. I've been looking forward to this, despite its 10am start time [but it's supposed to storm in the afternoon so this probably is for the best anyway] and despite not knowing a single person. The course is just on the bike path that I normally ride, and I know I can do the 20 mile loop with no problem, so I'm not worried about that. Just worried about... trying to socialize with complete strangers. Well, I'm trying to conquer my social anxiety so this will be a step towards that!

I gotta go figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow... hmm. Preferably something that won't turn see-through if the rain comes early!