weigh-in and fitness bucket list

Weigh in today. I'm down 2.5 pounds, which is a decent number. I was hoping for over 3 pounds, to make up for the last two weeks of no loss [so I'd have an average of a pound a week], but this is close and I'm happy with it. Especially if the scale continues to move for the next few weeks and doesn't keep up this "lose big one week, stay the same the next two" trend that it's been doing. Anyway, I now have less than 60 pounds to lose, which seems completely within the realm of possibility. I'm actually just a little over 50 pounds to go from my WW goal, my WW goal is a little over my actual goal so I could give myself some wiggle room... yeah, that didn't work out so well and I wiggled a bit too much, don't you think?

Stats:
This week's weigh in: 193.5
This week's loss: 2.5
Monthly loss: 5.7
Total loss: 27.5

Since it's the beginning of the month, I also took measurements. I've lost 0.25 inches in my waist, 0.5 in my hips, 0.5 in my belly, 0.5 in my thigh, and nothing in my arm and neck. My arm has only lost an inch total since the beginning of the year, which is frustrating. I carry a lot of fat in my arms. Most people are concerned about belly fat? Not me, I just want rid of these bat wings! Oh, the perils of having eastern European genes. I know they'll go away eventually, but they were honestly the last thing to slim down last time around and I'm not looking forward to dealing with them until I'm just 10 pounds away from my goal weight. Uuuuugh.

Okay, done with the negative topics! Onto something fun: my fitness bucket list. I've written down some of these goals before, some are more ambitious than others, but these are all things I want to do while pursuing this life of fitness. Here we go.
  • complete a cycling tour
  • run a half marathon
  • beat my 5k PR [30:30 when I was at my goal weight and very fit]
  • get heels to touch the floor during Downward Facing Dog [they've done it before, they can do it again!]
  • successfully finish 30 Day Shred [came so close before my ankle flared up again!], P90X, and Insanity… in that order
  • bike to New York [200 miles]
  • climb a mountain [just a moderate mountain, nothing outrageous like Everest]
  • complete 100 pushups in a row without stopping [I'm getting there!]
  • be able to do unassisted pull-ups
  • learn how to swim properly and complete a triathlon [I can swim, but it involves a lot of uncoordinated flailing]
  • become a yoga instructor
This week's goals are to bike 50 miles, go to the gym three times, and lose 1.5 pounds. The month's goals are to bike 200 miles, accumulate 2,000 fitness minutes on sparkpeople, lose 6 pounds, and lose at least half an inch in my arm. Also, to be able to run on my ankle by August 1st [but I'm well aware that I can do nothing about that so it may or may not happen].

Progress pics!
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Who wears short shorts? I do... in the comfort of my own home during a heat wave.
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
I'm actually getting a booty thanks to all those lunges and squats!
I've been taking progress pics about once a month but usually don't post them because I hate how I look in them. But not anymore! Maybe one day, when I'm far, far away from them, I'll put the first few months' pictures up.

Do you have a fitness bucket list? If so, what's on it?