monthly measurements and goals


Just a quick post because I need to get to the gym early before plans for the day [I rearranged my gym schedule this week so I wouldn't have to get up early on Saturday, and instead now I'm up early on Wednesday!]. Since it's the beginning of the month, I took my measurements and for once, I have some great results! My inches have been whittling down very slowly, which has been kind of disappointing, except in my belly/gut [not my waist/hips]. But not this month! Here are the losses:

waist: 1.25 inches
hips: 0.5 inches
thigh: 1.0 inches
upper arm: 1.5 inches [!!!]
belly: 1.5 inches

I'm really happy about the arm one. I'd lost pretty much NO inches in my arms since starting, which was expected [eastern European genes = bat wings forever] but still, not something I was happy about. So glad to see that's changing!

Overall, my inches lost look like this:
waist: 3 inches
hips: 2.5 inches
thigh: 3 inches
arm: 2.5 inches
belly: 7 inches

Seriously, all my weight loss has been in my belly. Not that that isn't awesome, but it was about time for other places to start losing too!

July goals, I hit them all:
  • bike 200 miles [I actually biked 281!] 
  • accumulate 2,000 fitness minutes [actual: 2,367] 
  • lose 6 pounds [actual: 6.3] 
  • lose a half inch in my arm [actual: 1.5!] 
  • be able to run on my ankle by August 1st [yes! Week 3 of 5K training!] 
August goals:
  • lose 6 pounds [I want to fit into a specific dress by my brother's wedding in September... well, I fit into it but my stomach looks pregnant!] 
  • bike 300 miles [I *may* increase this to 350 since I almost neared it this past month when I was only aiming for 200. I'll reevaluate mid-month] 
  • accumulate 2500 fitness minutes 
  • continue 5K training, including transitioning to outdoor running 
  • sign up for one or possibly two 5Ks in September! [As long as my ankle holds up to outdoor running, I'm going to definitely do a 5k on September 1st. There's another 5K in the area on the 16th but it's HUGE and INTENSE so I might hold off on that one.] 
  • continue yoga 2x/week, possibly 3x/week which I should really be doing 
  • strength training 2x/week [focus on legs/core since I focused on arms in July] 
Okay, time to get ready for the gym.