two weeks: a summary

I don't know what happened but suddenly, it's been almost two weeks since I've updated this! Well, I've been writing a lot in my sparkpeople blog so there's that. But here are some quick updates:
  • Weight loss has been slow, for a number of reasons. Water retention [due to starting P90X, etc.], a week where I ate kind of crappy [within my nutrient ranges but brownies and stuff instead of fruits and vegetables], and then my body just not letting go of weight despite doing everything right. So in the last two weeks [not counting this week], I only lost 1 pound total. A 0.2lb loss one week and 0.8 the other. Thankfully, this week is looking MUCH better.
  • Still, I'm about to cross 40lbs lost/into the 170s which is VERY EXCITING. Also, this will mark halfway to my free lifetime range at Weight Watchers [my goal weight there is 140, so I can be up to 2lbs above that without having to pay to attend meetings].
  • My 5K is in TWO DAYS. Actually, about 36 hours at the time of this writing. I'm really excited and training has been going great! Well, last week wasn't so great but that's okay, I made up for it this week.
  • I've been doing regular outdoor running and it's much easier than the first couple attempts were. I've also moved to the bike path, instead of doing endless loops around the track, and it's mentally easier as well since I'm actually going somewhere.
  • Today, I ran a full mile without stopping to walk for the first time in... years, I guess. 9min, 12sec. Pretty great. Remember two months ago when I could barely run for 30 seconds?
  • I started P90X a few weeks ago, and I love it! I put it on hold for this week, though, because it was wearing me out a little and I wanted to put all my energy into getting ready for the 5K. I'll pick it back up next week.
  • I officially passed the 6 month mark of being committed to this healthy lifestyle. It feels great!
  • My ankle also feels great and I think it's safe to say that, six months later, it is finally fully healed.
Tuesday's run out on the bike path looked like this [5k in 34:15]: 

So, yeah, that's what's been going on. Sorry for the lack of updates [but feel free to go through my sparkpeople blog if you really want to get details]. Saturday after the race is looking like it'll be pretty busy with no time for blog writing but I promise to get a post up about it as soon as possible! 

I'm super excited for the race and 90% sure that I'll finish under 35 minutes [my training runs this week have ranged between 32 and 34 minutes for 3.1 miles]. Not too bad, considering I'm still walking some. And after Saturday, it's onto training to run the entire distance without walking breaks! I'm looking at another 5K in the beginning of October so I hope to run that entire race. [Meanwhile, my friends are looking towards winter so I stop talking about running all the time! Little do they know, I have plans for winter running as well.]

Yay, running!