weigh in & activity log, week starting 8/5/2012

Sunday:
bicycle crunches: 2 sets, 12 reps
crunches: 2 sets, 15 reps
pushups: 2 sets, 15 reps
bridges: 2 sets, 15 reps
low adduction with band: 2 sets, 15 reps
low abduction with band: 2 sets, 15 reps
lying single-leg raises: 2 sets, 15 reps
modified plank: 2 reps, 60 seconds each

Monday:
biking: 13 minutes, 139 calories
treadmill: 45 minutes, 543 calories
biking: 17 minutes, 189 calories

Tuesday:
biking: 98 minutes, 1074 calories, 21.64 miles
pushups: 5 sets, 9 reps

Wednesday:
biking: 17 minutes, 172 calories
treadmill: 45 minutes, 526 calories
biking: 13 minutes, 141 calories
walking: 34 minutes, 255 calories

Thursday:
pushups: 4 sets of 8 reps

Friday:
biking: 15 minutes, 164 calories
treadmill: 45 minutes, 550 calories
biking: 17 minutes, 179 calories

Saturday:
decorating: 2 hours, 773 calories
pushups: 5 sets, 7 reps
crunches: 2 sets, 15 reps
bicycle crunches: 2 sets, 12 reps
modified plank: 2 reps, 60 seconds each

I kind of slacked this week. I was busy and had some knee discomfort, so I didn't get out for my usual ride on Thursday or Saturday. I didn't hit my calories burned goal for the week [but only by about 60 calories!], and I didn't get any yoga in. On the plus side, I did get plenty of strength training in [although I only did legs one day] which I've been struggling with lately. Also, I finished week 4 of 5K training and it was surprisingly really easy. I decreased my speed a little, from 7.0mph to 6.5, because I was apprehensive about the schedule this week [5 intervals of 3 minutes running/2 minutes walking] but it turned out to be no big deal, I felt like I could've kept running and I probably could've increased my speed back up to my regular 7.0mph. It seems like my body has adjusted back to running and the tips I'm trying from Chi Running are helping. Or, maybe I was just having a freakishly good week and I'll really struggle during week 5. We'll see tomorrow.

As for weigh-in, I guess my body made up for skipping its "no loss" week last week, because the scale barely budged at all this week. Official weigh in today, I was finally down 0.7 pounds from last week... yes, it's still a loss and I'll take it. But here's hoping that this next week is better!

I've also almost [95%] decided on starting P90X tonight. I've been looking toward it for a while, it looks like a great structured way to do my strength training in addition to cardio, but I was hesitant because of my ankle [what else]. I wasn't sure how it would hold up. But after a conversation yesterday with someone who's doing it, who also recently had a badly sprained ankle, she's convinced me to at least give it a try. I'm actually sure that at this point, my ankle's totally healed and I'm just babying it but still, it's hard to get myself out of that habit. But I ran 5 miles on it this past week, so I'm willing to bet it can handle this. She said I might have trouble with the plyo sessions but other than that, it shouldn't be a problem [and I can always modify during that]. We'll see.

So, goal for the week:
  • start P90X
  • yoga twice a week!
  • week 5 of 5K training
  • run outside on the track at least once
  • bike at least 70 miles