Just Did It: A Follow-Up

Despite yesterday's post saying I was going to go to the gym and get my workout done even though I didn't feel like it, I still spent most of yesterday trying to convince myself to go. In fact, I was in the locker room and still like, "I could just go home..." Terrible, right? The motivation just wasn't there yesterday.

But I did it. And you know what? I'm glad I did. It was the first workout since being back that I felt like my old self. Not that I'm back at that fitness level yet, but that I could do my current level of workout without feeling like I won't make it. I felt good. I even increased the levels on the elliptical and bike by a significant amount and still felt good. I was sweating, but I wasn't losing my breath. My lungs have adapted, and that's great. That's probably the biggest hurdle I had.

It's showing in other ways, too. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down another two pounds, which makes 10 total (!). Official weigh-in isn't until tonight at the personal trainer, and it might be up more from eating all day, but still. It was good to see that number on the scale. In addition to that, I went clothes shopping this weekend and fit into (and bought) a skirt that was a size down.

I've still got a ways to go, but I'm on my journey, and that's exciting. I haven't lost enough for anyone else to notice, but I know, and it's encouraging. And this weekend, I'm going to go out and buy a mirror so I can start doing progress pictures, since those are my favorite way to look back on my progress.

Personal trainer tonight, and I can't wait! The motivation is back!