Minor Setbacks

Things have been quiet around here since Monday. I know, surprising, since I managed to write a blog post almost every day last week. But I've been dealing with a minor setback, not a lack of words. It seems, every time I start on a journey of health and actually get the ball rolling... a few weeks down the line, when I've finally gotten into the habits I need to be successful, something comes up. That something, the last two times, has been spraining my ankle. Once I persevered despite it, once I didn't. But it was still a setback.

This week wasn't anything so major as even a sprained ankle. I was sick. Just a little cold/fever/sore throat that incapacitated me for a few days. I went to the gym Monday evening feeling great. I was kept up all night with a sore throat that came out of nowhere. And I spent the next two days in bed with a sore throat and fever, eating nothing but ice cream and soup (the only two things that felt good on my throat).

A minor setback, I'll agree, but a setback all the same. I haven't been to the gym since Monday. I had to cancel personal training on Tuesday. I spent two days in bed, barely moving at all, and a third still too tired to go to the gym after returning to work. This disrupted my workout routine, my healthy eating plan, and all the progress I've made on my back. Whereas I was finally living without, or with very little, back pain again, I was once again waking up in the middle of the night crying from pain. It hasn't been a fun week.

But, it was a minor setback. I'm over the brief cold, and plan to return to the gym in the morning. I've been doing my stretches, and had no back pain at all this morning. And although my diet wasn't the best for a couple of days, I'm back on track. I didn't let a few days derail me.

I didn't officially weigh in this week, since I missed personal training on Tuesday, and my weight has been a couple pounds up and down due to being sick. But it seems to have stabilized at 8 pounds down, three down from last week. Yay!

On the other hand, I just ordered a new bathing suit so I'll finally get to go to aqua aerobics again!

That's all for now, but I'll be back next week with more topics! How did your week go?