Weekly Update

Well, another personal training session has come and gone... well, the soreness isn't gone yet... but that's okay! It's a good soreness, right? Right! It means I'm pushing myself! After a couple weeks away due to sickness and scheduling, I knew Tuesday's workout would be rough. But I welcomed it with exuberance and tackled the challenges my trainer set for me. And what challenges they were! First, he started me out on the stair climber... oh, the one cardio machine I've never touched at the gym. I know, I know. I just have never thought I'd enjoy it, like I do everything else. And you know what? I was right. The stair climber? Not an enjoyable machine. It's hard and boring. But you know what else? I'm going to keep at it. The elliptical and the bike aren't challenges for me. I enjoy them, but it's easy to adapt to them as my fitness levels get back to where they were. But the stair climber? Well, not wanting to do something means that you probably should. So I'm going to conquer it. It might take a year before I feel comfortable on the thing. But I'll get there.

After cardio, we did weights... it was leg day! And back, I suppose, as I did squats as well. I squatted 70 pounds! That's the most I've ever done! See, my muscles are still here... somewhere... underneath all the fat.Then we did leg curls and extensions on some machines, a pyramid workout that was really hard, and my trainer was excited to finally get some extreme facial expressions out of me (usually I have a stone cold game face when I'm doing a difficult workout). Then I had to walk downstairs and my knees wobbled on the way down, haha, that was fun. And it's two days later and going up/down stairs is still a source of soreness! So it was a really great workout!

I've got a make-up session on Saturday, so that's twice this week, woo! Can't wait to see what torture he puts me through for an arms workout.

To finish off this post, I got a new bathing suit! And I look pretty decent in it!
quick snapshot while I gamed last night
Sure, it's not the super cute swimsuit I had a few years back for aqua aerobics, but it fits, it's functional, and it looks nice. What more could I ask for? So, I won't be able to make it to aqua aerobics this Saturday (because I have personal training at the same time), but I'm going swimming tonight and I'm excited to get back into the pool!

How's your week been going? Anything exciting planned for the holiday weekend?